|Last edited:||2015-08-20 11:43h|
OVH has been offering the Microsoft Exchange email solution since 2011. As a result, customers get the benefit of OVH dedicated server expertise combined with the benchmark email solution for professionals.
OVH also offers a Windows environment for web hosting, with OVH taking care of the maintenance while Microsoft provides the software layer. Microsoft was the Platinum sponsor at the OVH Summit 2013, which further demonstrates the reciprocal confidance between these two information technology giants.
Advantages of Microsoft Exchange¶
Microsoft Exchange is the preferred email solution for professionals. Exchange has an extensive variety of features, including folder synchronisation, account and calendar sharing... The 2013 version is even more user-friendly and includes offline mode so you can access your emails without being connected.
A Microsoft Exchange account can also be configured with Microsoft Outlook. The collaborative features, such as inbox and calendar sharing, also incorporate Outlook email. What’s more, for Exchange 2013, Microsoft has improved the design of the Outlook Web App. As a reminder, Microsoft Outlook Web App enables you to access your Exchange mailbox from any web browser.
Frequently Asked Questions¶
Orders / Administration / Billing¶
- Q: What are the service commitment period ?
- A: There are no set commitment periods on Exchange services. Your Exchange service will last for as long as you pay for it.
- Q: How is service renewal managed ?
- A: The service is automatically renewed every month on the anniversary of your service activation. If the customer used a PayPal account to sign up to the service, the payment will be automatically taken from there. Otherwise an invoice will be sent to the customer and they will have 8 days to proceed to pay via the payment method available.
- Q: How is billing managed if I create and configure an account in an existing service ?
A: Invoices are generated on the anniversary of the date that the organisation was created, for the services and accounts depending on it.
If you add an account to an existing service, you will be debited for the full monthly amount, corresponding to the maximum number of accounts configured during the month.
If you have chosen pre-paid services, your pre-payment will be used for the new accounts configured.
- Q: Can I get a refund of the Exchange 2013 offer if I terminate it during the year ?
- A: No, the Exchange 2013 offer is not refundable during the year of billing.
- Q: Where is my Exchange 2013 offer physically hosted ?
- A: Your data is hosted in Quebec, Canada in our datacentre in Beauharnois.
- Q: How do you transfer/copy an Exchange 2010/2013 account to a new account ?
A: You can transfer an Exchange 2010 or 2013 account to another Exchange 2013 account hosted by OVH. The entire account (emails, contacts, tasks, etc.) will be copied to the destination address, and no source content will be lost.
You can therefore migrate your accounts easily and for free, particularly when you move your Exchange account to OVH.
Check out our OVH Mail Migrator.
- Q: What happens after the order has been placed ?
- A: A confirmation email is sent out. The service is created in the Control Panel, where you configure your accounts.
- Q: How can I add an account ?
- A: In the Control Panel, you can add, delete or modify the accounts on your various Exchange services. You first have to select the service in the left-hand column, then click on the “Email accounts” tab, then the “Order accounts” button.
- Q: How can I get information on my accounts ?
A: In the Control Panel, select your service in the left-hand column and click on the “Exchange Account” tab. A list of all accounts with all the main info is then displayed by account:
- Email account
- Outlook licenses
- Additonal options
- Q: How can I configure an account ?
- A: From the “Exchange Account” tab in the Control Panel, you can select an account and click the “Configure” button. Various configuration actions can be made from there, such as changing email address, adding an Outlook licence or changing account type.
- Q: How do I add a domain to my service ?
- A: In the Control Panel, after selecting the service in the left-hand column, click on the domain tab, then the “Add a domain” button. You can then either use a domain managed at OVH, enter a free domain name, or order a new one.
- Q: How do I retrieve my old emails after subscribing to the service?
- A: You can retrieve your previous mails via PST import. You just need to create a .pst file (from Outlook, for example) from your previous account, then import it into your messaging client configured with your new account.
- Q: How many Exchange 2013 mail accounts can be added per domain to the Hosted offer?
- A: You can add 20,000 mail accounts per domain name to the Hosted offer.
- Q: What are the limits of the Hosted Exchange 2013 offer in terms of the number of emails sent, the maximum number of recipients, and attachment size?
- A: There is no limit to the number of emails sent. You can copy an email to a maximum of 200 recipients and attachments are limited to 100 MB (only for SMTP).
- Q: Is it possible to use the Active Directory of the Exchange server?
- A: No, this feature is not currently available.
- Q: How often do you back up data?
- A: Data is backed up every hour automatically.
- Q: Can I request that OVH creates and configures my accounts?
- A: As this is private data, we cannot do it for you, but it will be our pleasure to help you configure it, by phone or by ticket.